August 24, 2011

Cloud Based Music Notation

Noteflight.com is a wonderful, free website that allows anyone to create written music. The tool is easy to navigate and very intuitive to use. Although it may not have the publishing power of desktop notation program like Finale or Sibelius, it can still be used with great effect. Some of the key features of this tool that make it valuable to me as a music educator are:

- With my personal free account I can create a database of music and exercises accessible anywhere in the world.
- I can share these files with anyone.
- I can allow anyone to make changes to it (cloud based collaboration).
- It creates various file types for printing a hard copy and sharing
- Supports play back in Midi
- Can be linked to, or embedded into another website, or blog (see below)



1 comment:

  1. John! I am pleased to see someone outside of my undergrad program using noteflight and excited to see another aspiring music teacher! I am in the part time program, so I am not in your cohort, but I saw your blog in the tech class list. I'd love to share ideas occasionally! My blog is ramblingsofanaspiringeducator.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete