August 24, 2011

Technology in Band Class

 In teaching band I would like to be able to engage my students and motivate them to think beyond just the notes on the page. What is music? Why is it important? Where does music fit in society today? How is music relevant today and what made it relevant throughout various periods in history?

  • Have students develop a personal blog where they write a sentence or two describing how they feel about the practice they do each day at home and in band class.
  • I would build a class blog where I would be able to talk about the lessons of the day, the current rehearsal schedule, and be able to post links to related musical examples that we are learning about
  • In teaching theory I would use a site like noteflight.com which would allow students to collaborate on a piece of written music.

1 comment:

  1. You certainly have several very powerful applications in your field of music. I'm hopeful you will be able to incorporate some of them in your practice teaching.

    ReplyDelete